Read more about the Toy Box Summit as well as an unboxing video of the starter pack and additional details surrounding the Inside Out play set below.
The Toy Box Summit events will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PST on August 12 and 13 in front of a live audience and viewers at home can tune in to watch the livestream on Twitch. Viewers are encouraged to use #DisneyInfinity on Twitter to submit questions, vote for winning Toy Boxes and more. Full schedule listed below.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
- Toy Box Summit Keynote featuring John Blackburn, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Avalanche Software; John Vignocchi, Vice President, Production, Disney Infinity; and Allison Petrek, Lead Community Manager, Disney Infinity.
- Toy Box Showdown featuring a talented mix of Toy Box community and team members as they take audience suggestions on what to build in the game’s signature mode.
Learn from experienced Toy Box 3.0 panelists:
- The Walt Disney Company Creative Minds led by Jeff Bunker, VP, Art Development, Avalanche Software and representatives from Lucasfilm and Marvel Entertainment.
- Spotlight on Toy Box 3.0 featuring Disney Infinity Game Director Bob Lowe and community mentors Troy Johnson and Patrick Efird who will detail all of the new features available in Toy Box 3.0.
- Joining Forces for 3.0 Disney Infinity joined forces with development studios to create Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition. Learn how Ninja Theory, Studio Gobo and Sumo Digital’s expertise played a unique role in the development of the upcoming Play Sets and Toy Box Expansion Games.
- Becoming a Toy Box Artist featuring Avalanche Software community mentors detailing their journey to joining the Disney Infinity family and giving advice to other budding Toy Box Artists.
- Starting Your Own Channel panel showcasing top personalities from Twitch, YouTube and the Disney Infinity community team who will discuss how they first got started and share tips for creating exceptional gaming content on each platform.
At the conclusion of the panels, Toy Box Artists will be teamed up with a Toy Box Mentor to compete in the first-ever Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition building competition. They will have all afternoon and evening to build the best Toy Boxes possible. The live event coverage will continue on our social channels, including Periscope and Twitter.
Thursday, August 13, 2015The community will be invited back for the Toy Box 3.0 Competition Showcase where Toy Box building teams will show off their creations by playing in their Toy Boxes.
A panel of judges will announce a winner based on a set of criteria: theme, design, gameplay and creativity. In addition, the community will be invited to vote either via a social media hashtag campaign or Disney Insider poll. The Community’s pick will be announced one week later.
Unboxing, Inside Out Play Set & MoreCheck out this unboxing video from the official Disney Infinity team showing the 3.0 Star Wars-themed starter pack.
The Inside Out play set featuring all five of your favorite emotions will be available at launch as well - but we would recommend ordering your copy from Amazon as they have an exclusive Inside Out bundle deal and have the EXCLUSIVE to sell Fear. Watch some sample game play, read more details on the play set and view close up images of the figures in our Inside Out play set preview post.
Order on the Inside Out play set bundle Amazon or order Fear exclusively on Amazon.
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Announcement - Inside Out Play Set, Star Wars & So Much More
- Disney Infinity 3.0 'Inside Out' Play Set Preview
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Release Date Announced
- Episode 040 of the Pixar Post Podcast - Our Chat with 'Inside Out' Character Lighting Lead Angelique Reisch, 'The Good Dinosaur' Trailer, Disney Infinity 3.0 & More
Pixar Post - T.J.