Pixar Post Website Updates
- At the top of the episode we chat about Pixar Post getting on Tumblr. We have some great plans for how to use Tumblr to bring you the latest Pixar products on the web so you don't miss any of your favorite items when they go on sale.
- Starting at 2:45 into the podcast - we chat about the Toy Story That Time Forgot commercial that aired alongside the re-broadcast of Toy Story of TERROR! a few weeks back.
- Starting at 6:45 into the podcast - we chat about the two gorgeous images released for LAVA (the turtles and the whale) as well as several interviews with director, Jim Murphy.
- Starting at 11:18 into the podcast - we chat about the release (and disappearance) of Party Central from Disney Movies Anywhere. UPDATED Oct 30 at 3:00 PM ET - during the podcast we noted that Party Central was removed from Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA). It appears that the short has been re-added to DMA (it must have been a temporary glitch that it was down).
- Starting at 14:52 into the podcast - we chat about the announcement of Peter Sohn moving into the lead director role on The Good Dinosaur.
- Starting at 18:30 into the podcast - we chat about our exclusive first look at To Protect and Serve, Pixar's 2015 Cars Toons release. We dig into all the gritty details from the synopsis, to what we can gather from the screenshot, to our predictions for the story elements of the short.
Part Seven of The Pixar Pipeline Project
- Starting at 32:26 into the podcast - We are excited to bring our seventh interview as part of the Pixar Pipeline Project. The Project is a nine-part series of Pixar interviews which will allow us to follow the path of a Pixar movie through its journey from story to screen.
- Our interview this month is with Jason Johnston from Pixar's Effects department. We chat about everything from a day-in-the-life of an effects artist, to his Visual Effects Society award winning work on Ratatouille, Up and WALL•E, all the way to his brilliant advice for those looking to get into the effects field.
- Finally, we wrap up with a discussion on Jason's journey to Pixar.
- We're certain you'll be amazed with the level of detail and work that goes into the effects team's work - enjoy the interview.
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie