In episode 15 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY DETAILS
- Monsters University official backpack released.
- Monsters University world premiere in downtown Hollywood.
- Review and discussion with clips of the Monsters University soundtrack.
- Our movie review of Monsters University.
MONSTERS, INC. HISTORY DISCUSSION
We welcome back Jeff from This Day in Pixar for his great historical
- A brief overview of Pete Docter's beginnings at Pixar and getting started on Monsters, Inc..
- The Hidden City Cafe connection & Jeff's post of his visits to the cafe as well as it's closure.
- Original Monsters, Inc. story lines that changed quite drastically to get to the story we know and love today.
- Changes within the characters of Sulley, Mike and Boo.
- Some of our favorite moments from the film.
- Longevity of Pixarians at the studio.
- The studio's move from Point Richmond to Emeryville, California.
- The un-explained chimpanzee in the DVD extras.
- Technical elements that amazed us during the film.
- Two lawsuits that really impacted the movie and potentially stalled the film's release.
- Monsters, Inc. during the awards season.
EXTERNAL SOURCES WE REFERENCED FOR OUR DISCUSSION
Feel free to listen to the Podcast using the player below, subscribe and listen directly in iTunes, or subscribe and listen on Stitcher.
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie