In episode 011 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
- Highlights from the Monsters University Press Event at Pixar Animation Studios.
- Listen to the entire class Anthropology 152: Monsterizing The World with Dice Tsutsumi (Shading/Light Art Director) and Robert Kondo (Sets Art Director).
- Listen to our exclusive one-on-one interview with Robert Kondo to hear who makes the decision to place A-113 in each Pixar film and much more.
- Listen to the entire Roundtable Discussion with Director Dan Scanlon.
- The Monsters University Pixar Press Event Day One recap.
- The Monsters University Pixar Press Event Day Two recap.
- Our custom PartySaurus Rex's California Adventure and our visit to Pixar Animation Studios, with our perception and experience as a guest of the studio. From the grounds, to the culture, to those wacky offices - it was awe inspiring.
During the Anthropology 152 course (and in our one-on-one interview), Robert Kondo discusses the trapezoid shape that the team used throughout the film to create weight and heft to the monster world. Below are a few photo examples of this shape in use throughout the film - as you can see, it really does ground the world and add to the depth of the film.