Mondo and artist Tom Whalen have done it again! The widely popular brand known for their beautiful screen printed posters of classic and current films (among other collectibles) have created a unique Wall-E themed print (shared exclusively to io9) for their upcoming MondoCon '16. Taking the creative reins on this project was artist Tom Whalen, who has previously released artwork featuring numerous Pixar films, including Inside Out, The Incredibles and Toy Story — to name a few.
MondoCon 2016 will be held in Austin, Texas this Saturday, October 22 where attendees will have the opportunity to purchase prints, speak with artists, listen to panel discussions and of course attend film screenings. Tickets are still available for MondoCon 2016, however, if you are unable to attend be sure to check the official Mondo Twitter feed as they usually note if any posters will go on-sale after the event on their website - if not, eBay will be your best bet (click here for a direct link to eBay).
- Edition Size and Variant Information
- There is no word yet on edition size or if there will be any variants, but we'll be sure to update this post as we learn additional details.
Update October 24, 2016: The third annual MondoCon wrapped last night (10/23) with great success. Just moments ago Mondo announced that they will be releasing the first batch of prints via online tomorrow Oct. 25 - including Tom Whalen's Wall-e print. The screen printed poster is 24"x36" with an edition of 360. Be sure to keep your eye on Mondo's twitter feed to see when the poster goes live.
- 'Inside Out' 7" Vinyl Records & Poster Series - Available at the 2016 SDCC Mondo Booth
- Sneak Peek: 'Nothing's Impossible' Gallery to Showcase Exclusive Pixar Posters - UPDATED 2x
- Pixar Screen Print Details - Tom Whalen, Michael De Pippo and Dave Perillo
Pixar Post - Julie