The film Finding Dory centers around our favorite forgetful blue tang and her journey to find her parents. According to an Amazon pre-sale, Dory can find her way into your home on 3D Blu-ray November 15, 2016, with the digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere release on October 25, 2016. Making the official announcement was the voice of the Marine Life Institute, Sigourney Weaver, with her voiceover playing during the September 7, 2016 episode of the Ellen Degeneres talk show. As with any Pixar home release the bonus features are always an exciting addition to see behind-the-scenes glimpses of the film - below is the complete list of bonus features:
Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & Digital HD (Disney Movies Anywhere)
• Theatrical Short: “Piper” – A hungry sandpiper hatchling ventures from her nest for the first time to dig for food by the shoreline. The only problem is that the food is buried beneath the sand where scary waves roll up onto the shore.
• Marine Life Interviews (All-New Mini Short) – Meet the inhabitants of the Marine Life Institute as they remember our favorite blue tang.
• The Octopus That Nearly Broke Pixar – Pixar’s “Team Hank” unravels the challenges, frustrations, and rewards of bringing to life the studio’s crankiest and most technically complicated character ever.
• What Were We Talking About? – This piece showcases the complex routes Dory’s story took as the filmmakers worked to construct a comprehensive narrative involving a main character with short-term memory loss.
• Casual Carpool – What’s it like to commute with the voices of Marlin, Charlie, Bailey and Hank? Join “Finding Dory” writer/director Andrew Stanton as he drives Albert Brooks, Eugene Levy, Ty Burrell and Ed O’Neill to work.
• Animation & Acting – How do you create a connection between a human audience and a fish? This behind-the-scenes look behind the curtain examines the process of constructing believable performances through a unique collaboration between the director, voice actors and animators.
• Creature Features – The cast of “Finding Dory” share cool facts about the creatures they voice in the film.
• Deep in the Kelp – Disney Channel’s Jenna Ortega guides us on a research trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium to show how far the “Finding Dory” crew went to make Dory’s world feel real.
• Skating & Sketching with Jason Deamer – “Finding Dory” character art director Jason Deamer talks about how he got to Pixar, how he draws the characters in the film, and how falling off a skateboard teaches you lessons you can use in art and life.
• Dory’s Theme – A spirited discussion among the composer, music editor and director of “Finding Dory” about the musical elements that shape Dory’s quirky and joyful theme.
• Rough Day on the Reef – Sometimes computers make mistakes. Here you’ll see some of the funny, creepy and just plain bizarre footage the crew encountered while making “Finding Dory.”
• Commentary – Director Andrew Stanton, co-director Angus MacLane and producer Lindsey Collins deliver their personal perspective on “Finding Dory.”
• Deleted Scenes (introduced by director Andrew Stanton)
- Losing Nemo – While watching the stingray migration, Dory starts to follow two fish that remind her of her parents, leaving Nemo all alone.
- Little Tension in Clown Town – In this alternate version of the film, Dory tries to "follow her fins" to her parents, but ends up in a strange place with even stranger fish fashion.
- Dory Dumped – In this early version of the story, Dory's parents had short-term memory loss as well.
- Sleep Swimming – Dory begins to talk and swim in her sleep, revealing what seem to be clues to her past.
- Meeting Hank – Wandering the Marine Life Institute's elaborate pipe system, Dory happens upon the abode of Hank the cranky octopus.
- The Pig – Frantically navigating the pipes of the Marine Life Institute in search of her parents, Dory crosses paths with a terrifying cleaning device.
- Starting Over – Director Andrew Stanton presents four different versions of the movie’s opening scene to illustrate the filmmakers’ search for the best way to introduce Dory’s backstory and to connect this new film to “Finding Nemo.”
- Tank Gang (Digital exclusive) – After a close encounter with a squid leaves them separated from Dory, Marlin and Nemo unexpectedly meet up with the Tank Gang from “Finding Nemo,” who make it their mission to get to the Marine Life Institute … by any means necessary.
- Hidden Seacrets of Finding Dory (Digital exclusive) – Take a deep dive to catch secret Easter Eggs throughout the movie. And just like Hank, they’re hidden in plain sight.
DVD• Theatrical Short: Piper & Commentary
In addition to the noted features, the official YouTube channel for Disney Movies Anywhere released a short video showcasing where you can find two of the most popular Pixar Easter Eggs - watch below and see if you already spotted them. Be sure to pre-order your copy of Finding Dory today and share your thoughts other Pixar fans in the Pixar Post Forum.
- 'Finding Dory' Inches Closer to the 1 Billion Mark After Passing $900 Million Worldwide
- Exclusive: How 'Piper' Was Crafted To Perfection - Our Interview with Director, Alan Barillaro & 'Finding Dory' Review (Podcast Ep #48)
- 'Finding Dory' News - Get Your Daily Dose of the Adorable, Baby Dory & Insights regarding Gerald
Pixar Post - Julie