Hold your breath and get ready to dive into some incredible "Fun Facts" surrounding Pixar's upcoming film, Finding Dory. With Oh My Disney revealing details on the character design of the the cantankerous septopus, Hank, to the improved Renderman system - Finding Dory is gearing up to be an "o-FISH-ial" hit!
2. While Hank's mouth is close to the floor his character design lead to the majority of his expressions coming from his eyes and eyebrows.
3. During research for the film the team took thousands of pictures of real-life aquarium quarantines from the point of view of fish creating an authentic look (which we discussed with a fishery expert during one of our Finding Dory trailer discussions). The team focused on not only the guest areas of the aquarium but the employee-only areas where lurking grime and puddles hide.
4. In the underwater world where Dory lives, you'll notice the team created a reef of colors with soft, round shapes to showcase warmth and familiarity.
6. When animating the ocean scenes the team was careful not to repeat shapes in patterns.
7. Just about 103,000 storyboards were delivered to the Editorial team.
8. Finding Dory will be the first Pixar film to utilize the newly improved rendering system, Renderman RIS - enabling more realistic lighting.
Be sure to share your thoughts on Finding Dory with other Pixar fans in the Pixar Post Forum.
- Meet 'Piper' - Pixar's Upcoming Short Film by Alan Barillaro
- Additional 'Finding Dory' Vocal Cast Details - Bill Hader, Kate McKinnon, Bob Peterson & More
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer - A Glimpse at Dory's Parents and Explore Inside The Marine Life Institute
Pixar Post - Julie & T.J.