Get your dancing shoes...'er tires ready as, Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters is set to open to the public on March 7, in Disney's California Adventure. Nestled in the heart of Cars Land, the previous attraction Luigi's Flying Tires (which closed on February 17, 2015) has been re-imagined into an automotive dance party as 20 of Luigi's cousins have traveled to Radiator Springs from Carsoli, Italy. The attraction features a trackless ride system similar to the technology in Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo Disneyland - making Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters the first attraction of its kind in a domestic Disney Park. As the cars begin to dance in a choreographed pattern, you'll notice the extra details that Disney Imagineering added with each individual car having its own name, personality and signature dance moves creating a unique ride experience each time.
Disney Parks Blog has shared a behind-the-scenes look at Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
According to Laughing Place, Disney Annual Passholders will have the opportunity to experience the re-imagined Cars Land attraction early on March, 4 from 9:00-10:00AM. Like any attraction preview, Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters may have long wait times, temporary closures or cancellation without notice. A valid Annual Passport must be presented at the attraction entrance for entry during the preview (which is subject to other restrictions including capacity constraints).
Be sure to dance along on March 7.
[Updated] Additional fun facts about Luigi's Cousins (ride vehicles) have been released (via the Disney Parks Blog) along with a poster showing the names of each Frizzante-style car.
- Half of the roadsters are male, and half are female. You’ll notice that the males have a front-end chrome grill “moustache.”
- All of Luigi’s family members have their own names and unique looks—except for two coral-colored cars. Although they are identical sisters, Rosa has green eyes and Gina has blue eyes.
- Each roadster performs his or her own routine, offering a different ride experience depending on which car you board!
- Pixar Announces/Updates Film Schedule Through 2019 (With Release Dates Assigned)
- Expansion Coming to Toy Story Midway Mania at Walt Disney World
- Mark Andrews, Dan Scanlon & Brian Fee Working on Three Original Pixar Projects?
- "Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters" To Open Early 2016 At Cars Land - older update with ride concept artwork
Pixar Post - Julie