The 2-day Animation Demonstration and Lecture Masterclass was crafted to provide an in-depth look at the workflow (through presentation and demonstration) of Pixar animator, Michal Makarewicz. We can tell you from personal experience chatting with Michal on several occasions (including on our podcast), that his style is extremely engaging and you can completely feel his passion for not only animation, but also educating people about the art form of animation.
CURRICULUMThe full curriculum can be found on the Masterclass site, but a few highlights are noted below.
- Blocking Workflow
- The Graph Editor
- Timing - new lecture!
- Acting & Performance - new lecture!
- Working with Dialogue
- Demo Reel Advice - new lecture!
DEMO (in Maya):
- Bouncing Ball
- Complex Physical Shot
- Acting Shot
MASTERCLASS LOCATIONS & DATESAs we mentioned previously, these types of events are not only fantastic educational opportunities, but from our attendance at these types of classes we can also say that they provide many networking opportunities and are great for energizing you personally and creatively. Additional details regarding tour dates and locations are below — be sure to follow the Animation Demo & Lecture Masterclass website, Facebook and Twitter for additional details and dates as they are added in 2016.
- San Jose (Cogswell Polytechnical College) — January 30-31
- Los Angeles (Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games + Animation) — February 20-21
- Vancouver (Vancouver Film School) — March 5-6
Click on any of the locations above for additional information and to purchase tickets.
- Episode 021 of The Pixar Post Podcast - We Interview Toy Story of Terror's Supervising Animator Michal Makarewicz
- A Kickoff to the New Year with some Pixar Inspiration
- First Look: Concept Artwork of Dory's New Friends in 'Finding Dory'
Pixar Post - T.J.