Pixar Post Website Updates
- At the top of the episode we chat about the Pixar Post Book Club kicking off for 2015 with a complete lineup for the year laid out. More details on the book club and how to read along can be found here.
- Starting at 1:53 into the podcast, we chat about a really fun video and photos that Michael Giacchino posted on Instagram with a sneak peek of the Inside Out score.
- Starting at 5:07 into the podcast - We chat about the amazing Inside Out concept artwork on display at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
- At 9:12 into the podcast we chat about the toolkit animation clips that have been showing up online (on our Forum as well as Tumblr), on the Disney Channel and more.
- At 10:23 into the podcast we talk about the upcoming slate of toys from Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, To Protect and Serve (Cars Toon), Wind-up Pixar toys and the Toy Story 20th Anniversary line.
- At 19:54 into the podcast we talk about Grant Alexander's great blog post about his work on the Dream Elder character (clay sculpt) from Toy Story That Time Forgot.
Part Eight of The Pixar Pipeline Project
- Starting at 27:50 into the podcast - We are excited to bring our eighth-and-final interview as part of the Pixar Pipeline Project. The Project was originally a nine-part series (and became an eight-part series) of Pixar interviews which will allow us to follow the path of a Pixar movie through its journey from story to screen.
- Our interview this month is with Laura Meyer from Pixar's Localization department. We chat about everything from the day-in-the-life activities for her role, to the importance of emotional elements in movies being presented in the region's local language. We were blown away with Laura's love for her craft and can't wait for you to listen to the interview.
- Finally, we wrap up our interview with Laura by discussing her journey and inspirational life step to get to Pixar.
- Be sure to view our follow up post where we visually show screenshots across three countries to illustrate Laura's great work in Monsters University.
Post Interview Discussion
- Starting at 52:28 into the podcast - We wrap up with our final thoughts on Laura's interview as well as wrap up the Pixar Pipeline Project as a whole - we also incorporate a discussion on getting to Pixar and finding real happiness in your job (with an excerpt from this TED Talk with Shawn Achor).
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie