THE BLUE UMBRELLA
- We discuss the omission of The Blue Umbrella from the Animated Shorts nomination category of the 2014 Academy Awards.
- We provide our candid reactions to the news and compare The Blue Umbrella to the remaining ten short films.
- Additionally, we read comments from our readers with their reactions to the news as well.
FOLLOW UP FROM EPISODE 021
- We also follow up from an earlier discussion in Episode 021 where we interviewed Toy Story of Terror, Supervising Animator, Michal Makarewicz. During the interview Michal answered one of our reader's questions and elaborated on the animation dailies.
- Thanks to our reader and friend, Jeff from This Day in Pixar, he noted that Craig Good (longtime Pixarian) had started a blog and specifically mentioned the animation dailies as well.
- We dig into Craig's article and pull out some great advice for people looking to enter animation - or any other field frankly...it's about making the work better, not taking feedback personally.
- We then wrap up with a open discussion about our own personal experience taking feedback too personally and explained how the turned out in the end.
Feel free to listen to the Podcast using the player below, subscribe and listen directly in iTunes, or subscribe and listen on Stitcher.
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie