In episode 020 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
NEWS SNIPPETS FOR THE WEEK
- We kick off award season by chatting about Monsters University and how the film is set to receive the Hollywood Animation Award and our thoughts on the upcoming awards season.
- Ron Howard recently was asked what five films he would have loved to have been involved in - listen in as he surprisingly selects all Pixar films.
- Jay Leno released a special video of the Pixar 2013 Motorama - such a great way to see a ton of great cars and listen in as Pixarian Jay Ward interviews four other Pixarians regarding their vehicles: Bob Pauley, John Lasseter, Stephanie Hamilton and Mark Walsh. We even hear from Jay Ward and get to see his hot rod that he built as well.
TOY STORY OF TERROR!
- Advertising is in full swing for the soon-to-be-released television special - we chat about the banners at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the newly released still from the short, as well as the first television commercial to be released for the hilarious 30-minute feature.
THE GOOD DINOSAUR
- We spend the majority of our podcast discussing the September 18 announcement of the film's date change from May 30, 2014 to November 25, 2015 (as well as the impact to Finding Dory as well). We chat about everything from Ed Catmull's official comments, to Disney's involvement in this decision, to the Party Central short which was slated to be included with the May 2014 release of the film.
- We wrap up our discussion with our thoughts on how and if the story will change.
- We're looking for your input - give us a call at (415) 799-POST (7678) and let us know your thoughts in regards to the date change - how do you feel about it? With any story changes, do you think the dinosaur will remain farmers? Who do you think will be the final lead director for the film?
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie