Last week we created a detailed all-in-one post that highlighted the Pixar-related merchandise, screenings, panels and more that you can experience at the 2013 D23 Expo. Today we wanted to post additional details regarding two Cars sets that are Expo-exclusives. First, thanks to our reader, Kevin, we have additional details surrounding the blue metallic, 1:18 scale Lightning McQueen by Ridemakerz (plastic, not die cast). The slick-looking Lightning McQueen will be priced at $75.00 USD and will be a limited edition of 500.
For fans of Ridemakerz, the car will come complete with:
- 2013 Limited Edition Lightning McQueen Body 1:18 Scale
- Blue 5 Bolt Rims
- Lightyear Slickz Tires
- Limited Edition D23 Spoiler
- Working Lights and Sounds
- Ridemakerz Freewheel Chassis
- Featured in a collectible D23 Limited Edition Package (Approx. Height 5.75”xWidth 12”xDepth 6.75” 1.75lbs)
For anyone that's not familiar with the Cars scales - I have also attached a photo from my review of the 2011 D23 Expo Chrome Lightning McQueen.
Finally, we are more than happy that the Cars Convoy Brothers die-cast 4-pack will be sold at this year's Expo since this set has been rumored to have been released for the last several years. The Convoy set (The King fans) is a set of four RVs which come in a highly detailed and weathered Dinoco Motor Oil box. The set will be sold at the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion in the Mattel booth for $99.95 and doesn't appear to be a limited edition set.
|Click to enlarge|
- Everything Pixar at the 2013 D23 Expo - with downloadable detailed map
- Exclusive review of the 2011 D23 Expo Chrome Lightning McQueen
- Exclusive Small Fry Buzz Lightyear toy unboxing video and details
- Episode 017 of the Pixar Post Podcast - additional details surrounding the D23 Expo
Pixar Post - T.J.