At the end of March we noted that the Pixar Artist Masterclass (presented by VanArts) was coming to New York on June 14-16, 2013 and now the west coast has a course scheduled as well. You can now register for the San Diego, California course (on July 26-27 at the Horton Grand Theater) and experience the amazing story development presentation from Pixarians, Matthew Luhn and Andrew Gordon.
So, how does the course break down -
- DAY 1 - Friday Story Development Instructor Matthew Luhn 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Developing Ideas & Stories
- 3-Act Story Structure
- Character Development on Monsters University
- Storyboarding from a Script
- Composing Storyboards
- Line & Value
- Q & A
- DAY 2 - Saturday Animation Instructor Andrew Gordon 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Pre-Production for Animation
- Physicality & Locomotion
- Pose Design in Animation
- Planning & Blocking
- Acting & Gesture for Animation
- Dialogue for Animation
- Polishing Techniques for Feature Animation
- The Demo Reel
- Q & A
If you haven't read our review of the 2012 Chicago Pixar Artist Masterclass we attended, be sure to check it out here - this is an invaluable experience and I would absolutely recommend this event. Register for the San Diego event by clicking here.
Pixar Post - T.J.