In episode 008 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
- Disney Infinity release date change and new power discs
- Ed Catmull's honor from the Computer History Museum and our reader visit to the computer history museum in Mountain View, California.
- Monsters University Japanese language trailer as well as the two new English version faux commercials that were released (with audio clips).
- Monsters University window cling available in the official store.
- Discussion of the Monsters University gala preview at Pixar Animation Studios on June 15 with the opportunity to visit Pixar studios, bid on artwork as well as view the movie prior to the June 21 North America release.
- Wrap-up of the Artists Help Japan auctions (with discussion about the Brave crew gift that we won).
- We candidly discuss the ongoing topic of female directors within Pixar and why we feel this is greatly exaggerated (including our opinions as well as facts...and maybe a topic that might change the tone of the conversation moving forward). We'd love to hear your thoughts in regards to the discussion - what do you think, are we way off base or are we on to something?
Feel free to listen to the Podcast using the player below, subscribe and listen directly in iTunes, or subscribe and listen on Stitcher.
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie