|Photo of Director Saschka Unseld © Pixar Studios|
In episode 007 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
- A brief discussion about the announcement of the Ratatouille ride in Disney Land Paris.
- A brief discussion of the Toy Story: Smash It! iOS game.
- Our exclusive interview with The Blue Umbrella director, Saschka Unseld - in fact, we're premiering the interview in it's entirety in our podcast - click here to read the transcription from our interview. Because we were so anxious to share the extremely insightful interview with Saschka, our initial topics of the podcast only last about two-to-three minutes. In the interview we discuss:
- How much we loved the short film - we saw it in it's entirety today.
- His photography and it's simplistic beauty.
- The idea behind the film and how it came to be.
- The technology behind the short, along with technological challenges.
- The astounding natural camera work that added to the realism.
- Some of the character's names - yup, there's a character named Gutsy (spelling may be incorrect)!
- The process of creating the sounds in the short.
- Finally, we asked Saschka about how Jon Brion and Sarah Jaffe were selected to work on the soundtrack.
Wow, what an interview - anytime we can gain such amazing insight into the process of making a film, we're blown away. Additionally, it doesn't hurt that Saschka was so easy to talk to - we jumped right in like we were sitting in a coffee shop having a casual conversation. Thank you to Saschka, the entire The Blue Umbrella team and Pixar for their magnificent short and for letting us talk about it with them.
Pixar Post - T.J. & Julie