Save the date! The Annual Cartoon Art Museum benefit at Pixar Animation Studios will be held on Saturday, November 10, 2012 (it was originally scheduled for November 3, 2012 but was rescheduled). Thanks to Jeff at This Day In Pixar for the heads up!
This incredible event welcomes you to experience an exclusive day at Pixar Animation Studios. Once inside the studio guests will be able to tour the main gallery, view pre-production artwork from Brave as well drawing demonstrations from Pixar artists! Guests may also wish to take care of a little holiday shopping in the Pixar Studio Store, where you can pick up exclusive Pixar apparel and other merchandise.
The best part of this event are the numerous presentations by several Pixar creators, covering the making of Finding Nemo 3D and PartySaurus Rex. The presentations will take place in the studio's state-of-the-art theater and will be hosted by Dr. Michael B. Johnson (Pixarian and CAM board member), who will also lead a Q&A session with the filmmakers, including:
- Dr. Steve May, Finding Nemo Production Lead for Sharks & Sydney, Pixar CTO
- Mark Walsh, Finding Nemo Directing Animator, Director of PartySaurus Rex
- Ronnie Del Carmen, Finding Nemo Story Supervisor, Director of Dug's Secret Mission
- Jim Capobianco, Finding Nemo Story Artist, Director of Your Friend the Rat
- Bob Whitehill, Finding Nemo 3D Stereo Supervisor, Supervisor on all Pixar 3D films
On top of everything listed above, guests will conclude their evening with a wine and dessert reception that will coincide with a live auction containing a variety of original art and signed memorabilia.
Tickets are $500 (USD) per person and are available through the Cartoon Art Museum.
This night sounds like a dream as we feel this event is truly priceless!
Pixar Post - Julie